Monday 25 March 2013

A taste of dance

It was only a matter of time before 'Wyld Woman' ventured into the realms of Pole Dancing!

It was in a moment of naughtiness that I came across a Groupon voucher to try out this daring pass time at a fraction of the normal price....well, anything's worth a go once!

Having turned up initially at the wrong venue (thought somehow that the karate class looked wrong), my friend and I floored it across town just in time for the start of the warm up.
Look cool....do not be phased by the room full of 20 year olds that clearly know what they are doing.....head up confidence soaring.

Warm-up....all good so far, all familiar ground, lack of fitness due to current circumstances not evident at this stage. In fact, try to mask incompetence throughout with girly giggles!

Attempt to make gliding and swinging look a breeze, shouldn't be phased by ten foot metal pole which is incidentally much thicker then I imagined and far smoother then previous marquee poles I have attempted to dance around.
Try desperately hard to look balletic and graceful and not to end up in heap on the floor.....

Exhaustion sets in mid class and realise that attempts to mask current level of fitness is waning slightly.
Silly moment of girly giggles and impromptu childish clowning behaviour set in and Wyld Woman turns energy lacking attempts into serious level of concentration.
New found skills are put together into short routine - performed like I've been doing this all my life.
Class ends just as I'm getting into the swing of things.

Wyld Woman staggers out of class nursing already achy limbs that I had forgotten I had. Enthusiastically continues walking whilst imagining self turning somersaults during next class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment