Wednesday 19 December 2012

THE girls best friend

Ed note: I wrote this on Friday but it's taken me a while to get it typed up!........

Ooooh I am sooo excited, I can hardly contain myself!
I am seeing my lovely lovely friend twice tomorrow, a VERY special friend whom I have shared journeys with over the past few years. My enthusiasm is always enthralled when we meet for moments of girly chit-chat, but tomorrow we will be meeting to share something special........(   ) hehehe  ;-), and a night dining and dancing with friends. Tomorrow night we shall be exchanging Christmas gifts......
I do not usually become so terribly excited by such things but this occasion is different, this occasion is some what special. As two singletons this year we both felt a longing, a need, to buy something yummy, something special for a significant other. Friends are precious, to be looked after, special. This friend especially!
We set ourselves this challenge back in September. The challenge was to spend no more then £10......
To the average person to buy something decent for a tenor might prove a mammoth task. Hehe it's been rather a lot of fun! I haven't gone out on any specific occasion to buy the said something, but the list of goodies has grown organically, rather like our friendship. As we're both on  a road and journey of 'self discovery' and 'romancing of the ordinary', the whole task was simple yet some what fortifying.

The excitement builds, the climax awaits.......

The goodies didn't have to be new - well with that stipulated I was totally in my element. Oh my, you can buy sooooo much for a tenor, really you can!

I must contain my excitement a little longer.....

So my gathering of gifts began back in September. I picked up several items at a 'posh' car boot sale - (all new) a linen table runner, a beautiful distressed wooden heart, a ceramic light pull in blue and white and a scented room fragrance...I couldn't possibly share the prices of my bargain items, that really would expose too much information!
Yesterday we chatted and decided that tomorrow night would be gift exchange evening......arrrhhh the reality of bringing the gifts together, I haven't finished.... my tenor has not been maxed out yet! Time to pass on the new and totally inspiring book that I treated myself to that only arrived a couple of days back, now that is love for a best friend <3 <3 <3 <3

I gained huge amounts of pleasure in wrapping each individual gift with delicate crisp tissue paper, then tying each little bundle with pretty ribbon offcuts saved for moments just like this.


 I carefully placed everything into a covered shoebox, sprinkled some of my favourite sequin mix within and added a couple of jolly wicker Christmas decorations........a gift fit for a King (or Queen in this case).
I cannot wait to exchange later....true friends are worth treating well and holding on to.

Merry Christmas Jenny X

We were like naughty, excitable school girls sitting on comfy sofas unwrapping our goodies....and what a delight the whole experience was. Funnily enough we had both bought gifts to stimulate the senses....just perfect :-)








And look what Jenny bought for me........
All around the theme of tea for one, all for me!!!!
I shall certainly enjoy all these little wonders...thank you soooo much.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


No comments:

Post a Comment