Saturday 5 February 2011

My Mother

Some of my lovely friends called by yesterday (I was mopping the floor, see I can do it!), with the latest edition of 'The Scrumbler'  a poetry magazine for children. My daughter had submitted a poem which appears in the current issue, I'd like to share it with you.


    My Mother                                  

My mother is kind and gentle,
She feeds me food like lentils.
She's loving and caring,
And always sharing.
She likes to cook,
From the cookery book.
She likes the computer,
She's also my tutor.
She plants lots of seeds,
And grows many weeds.
She wakes up at eight,
Which is rather late!
But I don't mind,
Because she's my mother
and there could be no other.

The Scrumbler is printed three times a year and is available from www.thescrumbler.com

1 comment: